In a shocking new development, a group of people have taken their own lives in isolation in Sydney’s south-east, in what is being described as a “frightening” development.
Key points:One person has taken his own life, with a total of five people in the hospitalInspector general says it is “highly likely” more people are at riskIt is the second case of an individual taking his own lives at Sydney’s hospital in as many daysThe man who died at the Hospital of the Royal Alfred hospital in the city’s west on Sunday was a 45-year-old nurse, and his family has confirmed he was an active member of the community.
The man’s partner has been rushed to hospital, and the NSW Ambulance Service is investigating.
The NSW Ambulsions service confirmed a “person of interest” has taken their life at the Royal Albert hospital, in Sydney.
It said a “suicide note” had been found at the hospital.
The group of six people, who were all in their late 20s, had taken their lives in a hospital corridor at the time.
“The circumstances surrounding this case are currently under investigation by the NSW Health Directorate,” the Ambulions Service said.
“All of the patients are currently in isolation.”
Topics:disorders-and-disorders,death,suicide,health,health-policy,suicides-and/or-attempts,nsw,sydney-2000,sydney-first-mainlandFirst posted January 18, 2019 07:57:00More stories from Australia